Frequently Asked Questions
Connect Microsoft Outlook to Your Amazon WorkMail Account
Last Updated a year ago
Amazon WorkMail uses auto-discover to configure your Outlook client. To set up your Outlook client, the only information you need is your Amazon WorkMail email address and password. Amazon WorkMail provides integration with the following versions of Microsoft Outlook:
- Microsoft Outlook 2007
- Microsoft Outlook 2010
- Microsoft Outlook 2013
- Microsoft Outlook 2016
- Microsoft Outlook for Mac 2011
- Microsoft Outlook 2016 for Mac
- In Microsoft Windows, open Control Panel, and choose User Accounts and Mail (32-bit).
- In the Mail Setup - Outlook dialog box, choose Show Profiles; in the Mail dialog box, choose Add.
- In the New Profile dialog box, type
WorkMailin the Profile Name field and choose OK.
- In the Add New Account dialog box, enter your Amazon WorkMail email address in the E-mail Address field, and choose Next.
Microsoft Outlook attempts to detect your email server settings. You are prompted to enter your user name and password during this search. Make sure that you enter your full email address as your user name.
If Microsoft Outlook prompts you to configure server settings in the Allow this website to configure... dialog box, select the Don't ask me about this website again check box and choose Allow.
- After Microsoft Outlook detects your email server settings and sets up your account, you'll see a message that says your account is ready for use. Choose Finish.
For more information about adding accounts in Microsoft Outlook, see Set Up E-Mail in Outlook 2010 or Outlook 2013.
- In Microsoft Outlook 2016 for Mac, do one of the following:
- If this is the first account you're creating in Outlook for Mac, on the Welcome screen, choose Add Email Account, enter your email address, and choose Continue. Under Choose the provider, choose Exchange.
- If you already have an email account for a different email address, in the Tools menu, chooseAccounts. In the Accounts dialog box, choose + (plus sign) and New Account. Enter your Email Address and choose Continue. Under Choose the provider, choose Exchange.
- In the Enter your Exchange account information dialog box, for Method, choose User Name and Password and enter your email address.
- For Domain\Username or Email, enter your email address, and for Password, enter your password.
- Choose Add Account to complete setup.
Microsoft Outlook attempts to detect your email server settings.
If Microsoft Outlook prompts you to allow the server to configure your settings, select the Always use my response for this server check box and choose Allow.
After your account is successfully set up, it is listed in the Accounts dialog box.
For more information about adding accounts in Microsoft Outlook for Mac 2011, see Add an email account to Outlook for Mac 2011. For more information about adding accounts in Microsoft Outlook 2016 for Mac, see Add an email account to Outlook 2016 for Mac.